Sunday, September 10, 2006

If You're Happy And You Know It, Climb a Tree.


In this topsy turvy world, we would do well to study monkeys to discover why they enjoy life so much.

On reason is that monkeys are avid readers of Marcel Proust.

"In Search of Lost Time" has long been a focal point for simian philosophy. Monkeys view this masterpiece as a bildungsroman in which the neurasthenic narrator discovers that he is a writer after a life spent distracted by society and love.

This is why monkeys place so much emphasis on maintaining a strong contact with nature and their primitive instincts. They have seen how unhappy humans are by allowing themselves to become too "civilized".

I, for one, plan on going out today and climbing a tree, so that I can shed some of my evolved epidermis, and get closer to my inner chimp.

Ooh! Ooh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Masterful! Monkey Bob continues to surprise me with his fresh insights and his intellectual prowess. I can't wait for his next posting!

- Monkey Bob